Sue Green - Elected workplace union rep employed by Eurest Catering

Whether or not you employer formally recognises the union you have the right to be accompanied by a Union rep in grievance, discipline or appeal hearings. Your rep is allowed to address the meeting and make points on your behalf. If a meeting is called on a day that a rep is not avaialable you can seek a postponement for up to 5 days to arrange an alernative date.

Where the union is recognised representation will be proviced by an elected workplace steward who has legal status and the right to paid time during working hours to carrry out their duties

Where the union is not recognised representation may be provided by an elected Officer and shop stewards accredited by the Branch.

Unite members have access to free advice and legal representation from our panel solicitors in personal injury and employment tribunal claims assessed to have a fair chance of winning.

But you need to be a member of Unite for 4 weeks before you can access any form of representation. If a problem arises before you become a member we will only provide discretionary advice.

We run a hospitality workers advice and information surgery every Monday from 2pm to 4pm at Unite House, 128 Theobalds Road, Holborn, London WC1 X 8TN.

Unite hospitality sector reps recently trained in how to represent members in grievance and discipline hearings